Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Adrian Sevcenco

Default bridge :: kernel panic

Hi! I have an bridge that keeps crashing (random times .. days with 5-6
crashes with normal functioning of 1-2 weeks) my machine that is used
also as gateway (nat). the problem is that i don't have an log of the
kenel panic so i don have what to post ...
The configuration of bridge is like this:
(each eth0 and eth1 are in different vlans in switch)

$IFCONFIG eth0 0.0.0.0
$IFCONFIG eth1 0.0.0.0

$BRCTL addbr br0
$BRCTL addif br0 eth0
$BRCTL addif br0 eth1
$BRCTL stp br0 off

$IFCONFIG br0 194.102.58.157 netmask 255.255.255.0
$ROUTE add default gw 194.102.58.1

Can somebody help me with hints about debuging this problem?
Thank you!
Adrian

Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Adrian Sevcenco

On 05/06/2010 03:46 PM, Wahyu Darmawan wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> Please see the /var/log/messages and compare it with time that you have
> crash in your machine.
I have nothing in messages regarding that kernel panic ... any other idea?

Thanks,
Adrian

> Rgds,
>

> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco@cern.ch
> <mailto:Adrian.Sevcenco@cern.ch>> wrote:
>
> Hi! I have an bridge that keeps crashing (random times .. days with 5-6
> crashes with normal functioning of 1-2 weeks) my machine that is used
> also as gateway (nat). the problem is that i don't have an log of the
> kenel panic so i don have what to post ...
> The configuration of bridge is like this:
> (each eth0 and eth1 are in different vlans in switch)
>
> $IFCONFIG eth0 0.0.0.0
> $IFCONFIG eth1 0.0.0.0
>
> $BRCTL addbr br0
> $BRCTL addif br0 eth0
> $BRCTL addif br0 eth1
> $BRCTL stp br0 off
>
> $IFCONFIG br0 194.102.58.157 netmask 255.255.255.0
> $ROUTE add default gw 194.102.58.1
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> Can somebody help me with hints about debuging this problem?
> Thank you!
> Adrian

Best regards,
Adrian