Old 05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
mcclnx mcc

Default need document to setup rsync???

we have two CENTOS 5.X need setup "rsync". Any one know where have "how to" documents?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Digimer

On 10-05-05 11:50 AM, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> we have two CENTOS 5.X need setup "rsync". Any one know where have "how to" documents?
>
> Thanks.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

--
Digimer
E-Mail: linux@alteeve.com

Old 05-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Kwan Lowe

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rsync+howto

Old 05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
John R Pierce

mcclnx mcc wrote:
> we have two CENTOS 5.X need setup "rsync". Any one know where have "how to" documents?

if you can ssh, you can rsync.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Alan McKay

What do you want to rsync from where to where?

It is really easy to set up - in fact I just got done writing an
internal wiki page on how to do a simple setup.

The following is what I use for my kickstart servers so the main
server can rsync itself out to slave servers. This sets up
/var/www/html/ks on the slave server as an rsync share that the master
can write to

/etc/rsyncd.secrets
---snip---
kickstart:user
---snip---

This file must be set to permissions 0600

and the main config file

/etc/rsyncd.conf

Here we use a subdirectory of the main default Apache directory which
is /var/www/html
---snip---
# Set this if you want to stop rsync daemon with rc.d scripts
pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log

# Edit this file before running rsync daemon!!

uid = root
gid = root
#use chroot = no
max connections = 3
#syslog facility = local5

[ks]
path = /var/www/html/ks
comment = Kickstart
read only = no
auth users = kickstart
hosts allow = 192.168.0.9
secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secrets
---snip---

Note in the hosts allow above we put the IP address of the main
kickstart server.

/etc/xinetd.d/rsync

Just update this file and change disable from yes to no

service rsync
{
disable = no
socket_type = stream
wait = no
user = root
server = /usr/bin/rsync
server_args = --daemon
log_on_failure += USERID
}
Now restart xinetd (and ensure it is turned on by default)

Then on the main server I run a script like this :

---snip---
export SLAVES="192.168.0.177"
export USER=kickstart
export RSYNC_PASSWORD=user

for slave in $SLAVES
do
ping -c 3 -w 3 $slave > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
rsync -avSHP --delete --exclude "local*" --exclude "isos" /data/ks/
rsync://${slave}/ks/
fi
done