-   -   gui automation tool (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/366466-gui-automation-tool.html)

Tommy Zong 05-05-2010 09:02 AM

gui automation tool

Hello,

*

I’m trying to configure continuous integration environment
on CentOS. Before performing test, need to run GUI tool (written in java) to
generate required resources. Is there any GUI automation tool so I can make whole
integration purpose automated? Thanks.

Mathieu Baudier 05-05-2010 03:23 PM

gui automation tool

> I’m trying to configure continuous integration environment on CentOS. Before
> performing test, need to run GUI tool (written in java) to generate required
> resources. Is there any GUI automation tool so I can make whole integration
> purpose automated? Thanks.

If the Java UI is in Swing you can use Jemmy:
https://jemmy.dev.java.net/
(use version 2, version 3 is far from mature or even working)

Jemmy is very good and reliable to automate Swing UIs: we even use it
in some projects in order to extract business data for which there is
not proper API

If the Java UI is in SWT, you may have look at TPTP:
http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/
(I never used it though)

All this is Java specific.