Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Benjamin Donnachie

Default Math?

On 3 May 2010, at 09:51, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any software package like MATLAB for Windows available for
> centos?

MATLAB for Linux? http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/requirements.html
and http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/linux.html

For alternatives,
http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?q=linux+matlab+alternative and
http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?q=centos+matlab+alternative

Try Google before posting to the list.

Ben

Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Lars Schelde

> Is there any software package like MATLAB for Windows available for centos?
Try MATLAB for Linux.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:12 AM
John Doe

From: hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com>
>Is there any software package like MATLAB for Windows available for centos?

http://tinyurl.com/37zp37y

JD

Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Robert Heller

> Dear All
> Is there any software package like MATLAB for Windows available for centos?

There is a Linux/UNIX version of MATLAB itself. Costs though. I am
not sure if octave is the same thing or not.

> Thank you

Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933
heller@deepsoft.com -- http://www.deepsoft.com/ModelRailroadSystem/

Old 05-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Peter Kjellstrom

On Monday 03 May 2010, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> Is there any software package like MATLAB for Windows available for centos?
> Thank you

Ocatave is a free matlab-like tool available from EPEL in packages suitable
for CentOS.

/Peter

Old 05-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Mathieu Baudier

I used Scilab when I was a student, which is compatible with matlab:
http://www.scilab.org/

I have never tested it on CentOS (there seem to be a very old version
in the RPMForge repo).

Old 05-03-2010, 01:35 PM

> On Monday 03 May 2010, hadi motamedi wrote:
>> Dear All
>> Is there any software package like MATLAB for Windows available for
>> centos?
>> Thank you
>
> Ocatave is a free matlab-like tool available from EPEL in packages
> suitable for CentOS.

MATLAB runs on CentOS. Lessee, I log onto one box I know they're using it
on, and it says /usr/local/opt/matlab-2008b.

mark

Old 05-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Agile Aspect

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:51 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> Is there any software package like MATLAB for Windows available for centos?

Python with Scipy

http://www.python.org/
http://www.scipy.org/

--
Enjoy global warming while it lasts.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Alan McKay

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=matlab+for+linux

:-)

Old 05-04-2010, 09:20 AM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

Peter Kjellstrom wrote:

> Ocatave is a free matlab-like tool available from EPEL in packages suitable
> for CentOS.

There is also an interesting package called "scipy"[1] from EPEL.

Regards

mg.

[1] http://www.scipy.org/