Old 05-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default is it possible to resive /var online?

Hi all,
*
Is it possible, safely, to resize /var while a server is running? I urgently need to resize a full 2GB /var on a running server which is located at a remote location where no one can get to it for 2 days?
*
The system runs on lvm.
*
I already moved /var/logs to it's own LVM partition but it didn't help at all so I think it's better to rather just resize it. Google searches suggest taking the server offline, or boot into single mode. But this won't be possible for another 2 or so days and I urgently need to install more software on the server.

*
tia
--
Kind Regards