Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default 32-bit boot CD for 64-bit install using kickstart

>I've never had a problem doing that.

Seems logical
I have one large kickstart with repo's/urls defined for both x86
and x64 and I swap comments when applicable. The times I forget
and boot the wrong iso, it never works (which I always just assumed
was expected)...

Old 04-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Alan McKay

> I have one large kickstart with repo's/urls defined for both x86
> and x64 and I swap comments when applicable.

Yeah, me too. I have a centos32.ks and a centos64.ks and so far both
are identical expect for one line near the top where I swap the
location of the repository. Whenever I make changes I copy one file
over the other one and change that line. So far no problems.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Robert Heller

> Hi,
>
> I am using kickstart method for CentOS installation. The install is
> done using mirror site URL and not CD/DVD ISOs. However, the system is
> initially booted from 32-bit CentOS CD. When the install process
> starts I get errors as:
> - package rpm not found - abort/continue?
> - package lvm2 not found - abort/continue?
> - package grub not found - abort/continue?
> - ...
> - ...
>
> If I change install URL to 32-bit ISOs then everything works fine. Do
> I need to use 64-bit boot CD for this install?

Yes.

heller@deepsoft.com -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk

Old 05-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Carlos S

I also have same kickstart files except change in url and NTP settings
(for VMware server). I will verify again if I made some silly mistake
somewhere in kickstart file. Thanks for the replies...

--
neubyr.