FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Kwan Lowe
 
Default vim and backup files

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Nothing jumps out.. What specific version are you running? *selinux enabled?
>
> vim-enhanced-7.0.109-6.el5
> vim-common-7.0.109-6.el5
> vim-minimal-7.0.109-6.el5
>
> No selinux. Odd, it was working on all the systems until recently?

Same versions as me.

Check filesystems for space? Temp dir? Maybe try cleaning out your
.vimrc to see if some cruft in it? Also check /etc/vimrc for
changes.. Maybe even re-install or check to see if the packages have
been corrupted?
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"
 
Default vim and backup files

>Same versions as me.
>
>Check filesystems for space? Temp dir? Maybe try cleaning out your
>.vimrc to see if some cruft in it? Also check /etc/vimrc for
>changes.. Maybe even re-install or check to see if the packages have
>been corrupted?

All the systems exhibit, space is good etc. Even w/o a vimrc...

Wth is up with the size discrepancy?

# yum reinstall vim-common vim-minimal vim-enhanced
/snip
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package vim-common.x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 set to be updated
---> Package vim-common.x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 set to be erased
---> Package vim-enhanced.x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 set to be updated
---> Package vim-enhanced.x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 set to be erased
---> Package vim-minimal.x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 set to be updated
---> Package vim-minimal.x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 set to be erased
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Dependencies Resolved
================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===============================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===============================
Installing:
vim-common x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 base 6.4 M
vim-enhanced x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 base 1.3 M
vim-minimal x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 base 333 k
Removing:
vim-common x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 installed 15 M
vim-enhanced x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 installed 2.7 M
vim-minimal x86_64 2:7.0.109-6.el5 installed 616 k
Transaction Summary
================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===============================
Install 3 Package(s)
Update 0 Package(s)
Remove 3 Package(s)
Total download size: 8.1 M
Is this ok [y/N]:
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-30-2010, 09:34 PM
 
Default vim and backup files

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:22:13 -0700, Kwan Lowe
<kwan.lowe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Check filesystems for space? Temp dir? Maybe try cleaning out your
> .vimrc to see if some cruft in it? Also check /etc/vimrc for
> changes.. Maybe even re-install or check to see if the packages have
> been corrupted?

Check inode availability as well. If you're out of inodes, you won't be able
to create a file.

--
http://www.spinics.net/lists/

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 05-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Dominik Zyla
 
Default vim and backup files

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 02:34:11PM -0700, ellis@spinics.net wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:22:13 -0700, Kwan Lowe
> <kwan.lowe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Check filesystems for space? Temp dir? Maybe try cleaning out your
> > .vimrc to see if some cruft in it? Also check /etc/vimrc for
> > changes.. Maybe even re-install or check to see if the packages have
> > been corrupted?
>
> Check inode availability as well. If you're out of inodes, you won't be able
> to create a file.

You can also look at your `limit' output. Maybe one of those limits
(most possible `filesize' or `descriptors') exceeded.

--
Dominik Zyla

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 05-04-2010, 10:57 PM
"Mihai T. Lazarescu"
 
Default vim and backup files

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 06:23:42PM +0200, Dominik Zyla wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 02:34:11PM -0700, ellis@spinics.net wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:22:13 -0700, Kwan Lowe
> > <kwan.lowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Check filesystems for space? Temp dir? Maybe try cleaning out your
> > > .vimrc to see if some cruft in it? Also check /etc/vimrc for
> > > changes.. Maybe even re-install or check to see if the packages have
> > > been corrupted?
> >
> > Check inode availability as well. If you're out of inodes, you won't be able
> > to create a file.
>
> You can also look at your `limit' output. Maybe one of those limits
> (most possible `filesize' or `descriptors') exceeded.

Can try vim -n (won't create swap file.)

Mihai
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:03 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org