Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default CentOS 5.4 off-center on SuperMicro console

>Check to see that you have the lastest (R1.3e??) BIOS on your MB.

I doubt very much that has anything to do it with.

Centos 5 is not Fedora 11 or whatever... It just may be 'that' server
on 'that' monitor...

try http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-16038

Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Rudi Ahlers

On 4/29/10, Richard Karhuse <rkarhuse@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just as another data point, I'm running CentOS 5.4 on hundreds of systems
> that have the "E" version of the MB (e.g., X7SBE) without any problem.
>
> Check to see that you have the lastest (R1.3e??) BIOS on your MB.
>
> -rak-

mmmm, lemme check and see. could this be the problem? I tried an LCD
monitor, and bypassed the KVM, but the problem remains.

http://blog.softdux.com/everything-todo-with-linux/centos-5-4-off-center-on-supermicro-console/attachment/30042010139

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Office: 087 805 9573
Cell: 082 554 7532

Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Rudi Ahlers

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/29/10, Richard Karhuse <rkarhuse@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just as another data point, I'm running CentOS 5.4 on hundreds of systems

> that have the "E" version of the MB (e.g., X7SBE) without any problem.

> Check to see that you have the lastest (R1.3e??) BIOS on your MB.

> * -rak-

mmmm, lemme check and see. could this be the problem? I tried an LCD

monitor, and bypassed the *KVM, but the problem remains.

http://blog.softdux.com/everything-todo-with-linux/centos-5-4-off-center-on-supermicro-console/attachment/30042010139

--

Adding a nofb statement from this page*http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-ig-x8664-multi-en-4/ap-bootopts.html*solved the problem

Thanx for all the help. *

Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Bill Campbell

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>On 4/29/10, Richard Karhuse <rkarhuse@gmail.com> wrote:
>mmmm, lemme check and see. could this be the problem? I tried an LCD
>monitor, and bypassed the KVM, but the problem remains.

I generally cheat on things like this, setting the video to plain
VESA and a generic monitor at 1024x768. We generally run servers
in init 3, and do everything via ssh though this isn't critical
after the initial installation.

Bill
Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
Fax: (206) 232-9186 Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

There is nothing as stupid as an educated man if you get him off the
thing he was educated in.
Will Rogers