Old 04-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Default how to reroute all ADSL traffic via another server on the internet?

Rudi wrote:

> Does anyone know, if it's possible to reroute all (i.e. HTTP / FTP /
> DNS / SMTP / POP3 / IMAP / etc) from an ADSL connected machine via
> another server, which is currently hosted with IS and has full
> internet access?
>
> i.e. Can I setup another machine, on a different public IP than the
> dynamic ADSL IP as default gw? OR do I need todo something on that
> machine to work as a router for such a setup?
<snip>
I don't quite understand what you're asking. Do you mean
<ADSL system><-><hosted system><->the 'Net
or do you mean
<the 'Net>-><hosted system>-><ADSL system>
?
That is, are you trying to offer Web, FTP (BAD idea, use sftp or scp), and
email from your ADSL-connected server, or do you want to connect to the
'Net via the hosted system?

mark