Old 04-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default how to reroute all ADSL traffic via another server on the internet?

Hi all,

Does anyone know, if it's possible to reroute all (i.e. HTTP / FTP /
DNS / SMTP / POP3 / IMAP / etc) from an ADSL connected machine via
another server, which is currently hosted with IS and has full
internet access?

i.e. Can I setup another machine, on a different public IP than the
dynamic ADSL IP as default gw? OR do I need todo something on that
machine to work as a router for such a setup?

Both servers in this case is CentOS linux, but I'm sure that won't
make a big difference?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Office: 087 805 9573
Cell: 082 554 7532

Old 04-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 04/28/2010 02:11 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know, if it's possible to reroute all (i.e. HTTP / FTP /
> DNS / SMTP / POP3 / IMAP / etc) from an ADSL connected machine via
> another server, which is currently hosted with IS and has full
> internet access?

all you need is 'man ip'. Setup the right gateways on each machine,
setup your ip policy into the right rules, route the rules from / to
wherever you want.

- KB