Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Jatin Davey

Default Total Threads used in a system

Hi

I know we can get the total number of processes running in the system
using the 'ps -A' command but is it possible to get the total number of
threads running in the system ? Is this information exposed using any of
the MIB's ?

Thanks
Jatin

Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Alessandro Ren

*** The flag -T on ps command shows the threads.

-T************* Show threads, possibly with SPID column

*** []s.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
John Doe

From: Jatin Davey <jashokda@cisco.com>
> I know we can get the total number of processes running in the system
> using the 'ps -A' command but is it possible to get the total number of
> threads running in the system ? Is this information exposed using any of
> the MIB's ?

Search for 'thread' in ps manpage; you will find several options...

JD