Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Eduardo Grosclaude

Default PAPI + perfctr on CentOS 5?

Has anyone succesfully compiled a PAPI+perfctr-enabled kernel? I've
been mixing and matching instructions from the PAPI distribution and
those from CentOS wiki to no avail.
TIA

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue

Old 04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Peter Kjellstrom

On Wednesday 28 April 2010, Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:
> Has anyone succesfully compiled a PAPI+perfctr-enabled kernel? I've
> been mixing and matching instructions from the PAPI distribution and
> those from CentOS wiki to no avail.
> TIA

From the perfctr-2.6.40 release notes:

Version 2.6.40, 2010-01-30
- Updated kernel support: 2.6.32, 2.6.31, 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5 and
2.6.18-164.el5 (RHEL5), 2.6.9-89.0.19.EL (RHEL4).

I've not tried this but ealier versions on CentOS was trivial to patch in
using the provided documentation.

/Peter

Old 04-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Eduardo Grosclaude
<eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone succesfully compiled a PAPI+perfctr-enabled kernel? I've
> been mixing and matching instructions from the PAPI distribution and
> those from CentOS wiki to no avail.

You might want to read through this Forum thread:

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=25099&forum=3 7

The OP of that thread has a blog here:

http://backedbyapenguin.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/centos-5-4-perfctr-and-papi/

Akemi