Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Jeff Sadino

Default mapping drives

I am having trouble mounting drives.* We have a Windows 2008 (10.1.1.17, MRISRV02) server with folders I what access to.* On my Fedora 8 client, in my fstab file, I have:
//10.1.1.17/USERS/Jeff*** /home/mriuser/Desktop/jeff***** cifs* rw,username=cluster,password=mrilab 0 0

and this works just fine.* My samba is up to date:
[mriuser@localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep "samba"
samba-common-3.0.33-0.fc8
samba-3.0.33-0.fc8
system-config-samba-1.2.58-1.fc8
samba-client-3.0.33-0.fc8

However, we also have a CentOS 4 64bit "pseudo-server" machine.* When I try to map the folders on this CentOS machine using an fstab entry like this:
//10.1.1.17/USERS/Jeff***** /mnt/Jeff **** cifs* rw,username=cluster,password=mrilab 0 0

It maps the USERS folder to /mnt/Jeff.* I can cd into Users and then cd into Jeff, but I want to be able to go straight into Jeff and not have access to the rest of the user folders.* I just upgraded my samba from 3.0.25 to 3.0.33 and have not restarted.

[root@cluster mnt]# rpm -qa | grep "samba"
samba-client-3.0.33-0.18.el4_8.1
samba-common-3.0.33-0.18.el4_8.1
samba-common-3.0.33-0.18.el4_8.1

Can anyone please help me out?* Thank you!!
Jeff

Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Agile Aspect

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Jeff Sadino wrote:
[snip]
> However, we also have a CentOS 4 64bit "pseudo-server" machine. When I try
> to map the folders on this CentOS machine using an fstab entry like this:
> //10.1.1.17/USERS/Jeff /mnt/Jeff cifs
> rw,username=cluster,password=mrilab 0 0
> It maps the USERS folder to /mnt/Jeff. I can cd into Users and then cd into
> Jeff, but I want to be able to go straight into Jeff and not have access to
> the rest of the user folders. I just upgraded my samba from 3.0.25 to
> 3.0.33 and have not restarted.

A wild guess - try using

smbfs

instead of

cifs

for the mount type.

--
Enjoy global warming while it lasts.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Eero Volotinen

2010/4/28 Jeff Sadino <jsadino.queens@gmail.com>:
> I am having trouble mounting drives.* We have a Windows 2008 (10.1.1.17,
> MRISRV02) server with folders I what access to.* On my Fedora 8 client, in
> my fstab file, I have:
> //10.1.1.17/USERS/Jeff*** /home/mriuser/Desktop/jeff***** cifs
> rw,username=cluster,password=mrilab 0 0
> and this works just fine.* My samba is up to date:
> [mriuser@localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep "samba"
> samba-common-3.0.33-0.fc8
> samba-3.0.33-0.fc8
> system-config-samba-1.2.58-1.fc8
> samba-client-3.0.33-0.fc8
>
> However, we also have a CentOS 4 64bit "pseudo-server" machine.* When I try
> to map the folders on this CentOS machine using an fstab entry like this:
> //10.1.1.17/USERS/Jeff***** /mnt/Jeff **** cifs
> rw,username=cluster,password=mrilab 0 0
> It maps the USERS folder to /mnt/Jeff.* I can cd into Users and then cd into
> Jeff, but I want to be able to go straight into Jeff and not have access to
> the rest of the user folders.* I just upgraded my samba from 3.0.25 to
> 3.0.33 and have not restarted.
> [root@cluster mnt]# rpm -qa | grep "samba"
> samba-client-3.0.33-0.18.el4_8.1
> samba-common-3.0.33-0.18.el4_8.1
> samba-common-3.0.33-0.18.el4_8.1
>
> Can anyone please help me out?* Thank you!!
> Jeff

possibly missing uid, gid parameters ?

--
Eero

Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Jeff Sadino

Hello.* Thank you for your replies.

Agile:
I tried this:
mount -t smbfs -o username=cluster,password=mrilab //10.1.1.17/USERS/Jeff /mnt/Jeff
cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.

21739: protocol negotiation failed
SMB connection failed
I tried debugging this yesterday, but each debug just led to more bugs.

However, I can do this:
smbclient //10.1.1.17/Users -U jsadino

Password:
Domain=[MRILAB1] OS=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6002 Service Pack 2] Server=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6.0]
smb: > exit

But if I try the same thing into /users/Jeff, I can't:

smbclient //10.1.1.17/Users/Jeff -U jsadino
Password:
Domain=[MRILAB1] OS=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6002 Service Pack 2] Server=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6.0]

tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
[root@cluster mnt]#

And I couldn't put those into an fstab file anyways.

Eero:
mount -t cifs -o username=cluster,password=mrilab,uid=fs431,gid=fs //10.1.1.17/USERS/Jeff* /mnt/Jeff

but it still only mounts the Users directory.

Thanks for the suggestions.* Any other ideas?
Jeff

Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Agile Aspect

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Jeff Sadino
> However, I can do this:
> smbclient //10.1.1.17/Users -U jsadino
> Password:
> Domain=[MRILAB1] OS=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6002 Service Pack 2]
> Server=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6.0]
> smb: > exit
>
> But if I try the same thing into /users/Jeff, I can't:
> smbclient //10.1.1.17/Users/Jeff -U jsadino
> Password:
> Domain=[MRILAB1] OS=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6002 Service Pack 2]
> Server=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6.0]
> tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
> [root@cluster mnt]#
>
> And I couldn't put those into an fstab file anyways.
>
> Eero:
> mount -t cifs -o username=cluster,password=mrilab,uid=fs431,gid=fs
> //10.1.1.17/USERS/Jeff /mnt/Jeff
> but it still only mounts the Users directory.

Try sharing your Jeff directory on the Windows server (without messing
with the USERS sharing.)

Then see if you can mount

//10.1.1.17/Jeff /mnt/Jeff

or test it with

smbclient //10.1.1.17/Jeff -U jsadino

--
Enjoy global warming while it lasts.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Tsuyoshi Nagata

> Domain=[MRILAB1] OS=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6002 Service Pack
> 2] Server=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6.0]
> smb: > exit

Will CentOS5.5 include this upstream fix?
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2010-0301.html
-Tsuyoshi

Old 04-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Jeff Sadino

Thank you Agile, that seemed to work well and will do for my purposes.* Out of curiosity, any idea why I could map it from my fedora 8 box, but not from the CentOS 4 box?
Thank you again.* The CentOS community is the best

Jeff

Old 04-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Agile Aspect

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Jeff Sadino <jsadino.queens@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Agile, that seemed to work well and will do for my purposes. Out
> of curiosity, any idea why I could map it from my fedora 8 box, but not from
> the CentOS 4 box?

Fedora 8 must be broken .

I don't know why.

--
Enjoy global warming while it lasts.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Akemi Yagi

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Tsuyoshi Nagata
<nagata3333333@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Will CentOS5.5 include this upstream fix?
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2010-0301.html
> -Tsuyoshi

Yes, it is part of the forthcoming CentOS 5.5.

Akemi