-   -   System Resources Graphing (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/362149-system-resources-graphing.html)

Matt 04-26-2010 04:09 PM

System Resources Graphing

Is there a package I can get that will graph system resources such as
CPU and disk I/O to an html file or something?

Matt

"Marko A. Jennings" 04-26-2010 04:12 PM

System Resources Graphing

On Mon, April 26, 2010 12:09 pm, Matt wrote:
> Is there a package I can get that will graph system resources such as
> CPU and disk I/O to an html file or something?

Take a look at Munin (available from RPMforge): http://munin-monitoring.org

Marko

Don Krause 04-26-2010 04:12 PM

System Resources Graphing

On Apr 26, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Matt wrote:

> Is there a package I can get that will graph system resources such as
> CPU and disk I/O to an html file or something?
>
> Matt

Cacti
--
Don Krause

"This message represents the official view of the voices in my head."

Alan McKay 04-26-2010 04:12 PM

System Resources Graphing

I'm very fond of Munin. Easy to install and maintain.

Alan McKay 04-26-2010 04:13 PM

System Resources Graphing

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm very fond of Munin. * Easy to install and maintain.

p.s. also has and extremely helpful mailing list.

Brian Mathis 04-26-2010 04:13 PM

System Resources Graphing

Take a look at the "sysstat" package which will collect data over
time. There's a java-based desktop app called "kSar" that can use
this data to generate graphs.

There are also other options, such as SNMP monitoring, Cacti, etc...

"Marcelo M. Garcia" 04-26-2010 04:15 PM

System Resources Graphing

Matt wrote:
> Is there a package I can get that will graph system resources such as
> CPU and disk I/O to an html file or something?
>
> Matt
Hi

I recommend Ganglia.
http://ganglia.sourceforge.net/

If you are using for a single system can be an overkill.

Regards

mg.

Les Mikesell 04-26-2010 04:23 PM

System Resources Graphing

On 4/26/2010 11:15 AM, Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
> Matt wrote:
>> Is there a package I can get that will graph system resources such as
>> CPU and disk I/O to an html file or something?
>>
>> Matt
> Hi
>
> I recommend Ganglia.
> http://ganglia.sourceforge.net/
>
> If you are using for a single system can be an overkill.

Likewise, if you have enough systems to make it worth setting up,
OpenNMS is good and will also monitor your network equipment:
http://www.opennms.org.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

John Doe 04-26-2010 04:31 PM

System Resources Graphing

From: Matt <lm7812@gmail.com>
> Is there a package I can get that will graph system resources such as
> CPU and disk I/O to an html file or something?

Here, we use Nagios + Pnp.
But that might be a little too heavy if it is only for one server...
Check cacti or mrtg...

JD

Matt 04-26-2010 04:38 PM

System Resources Graphing

> Take a look at the "sysstat" package which will collect data over
> time. *There's a java-based desktop app called "kSar" that can use
> this data to generate graphs.

I have sysstats already but want a graphing. ksar sounds appealing.
I do not have physical access to this server so I need to access ksar
through http on the server. Does it support that? Googling for the
answer on how to do this but not finding what I want yet.

Matt