Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 AM
sync

Default NFS mount problem

Hi,guys:

** I am trying to connect to a NFS-filesystem on a CentOS 5.3 i386* guest system.
The host system is CentOS 5.4 x86_64.
*I set up the NFS server correctly and
rpcinfo is also ok* inside the guest system show.

The problem is, I can't connect to, or see the open
port from the outside. I use the Host-Only* network setup with VirtualBox
3.1.0,
the ip address in the guest system is 192.168.56.101 . and the host system ip address is 192.168.7.67

When I mount the directory from the guest system via NFS, the result is the following :
"mount : 192.168.56.101:/xx* failed , reason given by server:Permission denied"

*I hope
one of you can give me a hint in which direction I should continue my
efforts.

Thanks in advance,,,

Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 AM
onay

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM, sync <jiannma@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,guys:
>
> ** I am trying to connect to a NFS-filesystem on a CentOS 5.3 i386* guest
> system. The host system is CentOS 5.4 x86_64.
> *I set up the NFS server correctly and rpcinfo is also ok* inside the guest
> system show.
>
> The problem is, I can't connect to, or see the open port from the outside. I
> use the Host-Only* network setup with VirtualBox 3.1.0,
> the ip address in the guest system is 192.168.56.101 . and the host system
> ip address is 192.168.7.67
>
> When I mount the directory from the guest system via NFS, the result is the
> following :
> "mount : 192.168.56.101:/xx* failed , reason given by server:Permission
> denied"
>
> *I hope one of you can give me a hint in which direction I should continue
> my efforts.
>
> Thanks in advance,,,

If you already can ping the nfs server, then you should check this:
1. nfsd service
2. open port on iptables
3. /etc/host.allow or /etc/host.deny

You can check share folder from nfs client with command:
showmount -e ip.nfs.server
If the folder appears, then you can start to mount that otherwise you
should check your /etc/exports again.

CMIIW.

--
If knowledge belong to the world,
why don't you give me some?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 AM
sync

Thanks for your reply~

I think my problem could be is* how to create the iptables that could let the NFS server access into the host system.

The guest system is CentOS 5.3 i386 . The ip address is* 192.168.56.101* with the eth0 interface

And the host system is CentOS 5.4 x86_64, its ip address is 192.168.7.67 and its route information is the following :

root@xxx: route -n
192.168.7.0* xx* xx* xx eth0
192.168.56.0* xx* xx xxx* vboxnet0

I* run* this iptable rule in the guest system which configured the NFS server,

iptables -A INPUT* -i eth0* tcp -s 192.168.7.67* --dport 111 -j ACCEPT

Then :
when I run "showmount -e* 192.168.56.101" and the directory appears,

but run the "mount -t nfs* 192.168.56.101:/xxx** /media"* in the terminal ,
the output is still that message:
"mount : 192.168.56.101:/xx* failed , reason given by server:Permission
denied"

So is it my iptables rule wrong? Or how to write the correct the rule ?

Thanks in advance~.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 AM
James Pearson

sync wrote:
> Hi,guys:
>
> I am trying to connect to a NFS-filesystem on a CentOS 5.3 i386 guest
> system. The host system is CentOS 5.4 x86_64.
> I set up the NFS server correctly and rpcinfo is also ok inside the guest
> system show.
>
> The problem is, I can't connect to, or see the open port from the outside. I
> use the Host-Only network setup with VirtualBox 3.1.0,
> the ip address in the guest system is 192.168.56.101 . and the host system
> ip address is 192.168.7.67
>
> When I mount the directory from the guest system via NFS, the result is the
> following :
> "mount : 192.168.56.101:/xx failed , reason given by server:Permission
> denied"
>
> I hope one of you can give me a hint in which direction I should continue
> my efforts.

What is the contents of /etc/exports on the server?

James Pearson

Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 AM
sync

The contents of* /etc/exports on the server is the following :

/home/test** 192.168.7.67(rw)

Is there anything error ?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

sync wrote:
> The contents of /etc/exports on the server is the following :
>
> /home/test 192.168.7.67(rw)
>
> Is there anything error ?

Hi

First, do not top-post[1].

In general you can find more information in /var/log/messages.

You "watch" with
# (as root) tail -f /var/log/messages
and from another window, try to mount.

Regards

mg.

[1]
Please do not top post to the mailing list when replying to a post. (See
the Quoting Style link above, and use the Interleaved text method,
deleting non-applicable text as required. If you need to reply to a
message, and you do not need to post in interleaved mode, please bottom
post instead of top posting.
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16

Old 04-26-2010, 11:11 AM
James Pearson

sync wrote:
> The contents of /etc/exports on the server is the following :
>
> /home/test 192.168.7.67(rw)
>
> Is there anything error ?

I assume you have run something 'export -avr' since changing this file -
or restarted the nfs server processes on the server?

You could try changing that line to:

/home/test *(rw)

then re-run 'export -avr' and try the mount again

James Pearson

Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 AM
kalinix