Old 04-24-2010, 08:05 AM
cahit Eyigünlü

Default URGENT

I had a geub loader error *2 on starting centos*and i am able to connect rescue system
this is the result how could i get system work
root@rescuecd64 ~ # grub
Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.Unknown partition table signature

** *GNU GRUB *version 0.97 *(640K lower / 3072K upper memory)

** * * [ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. * For** * * * the * first * word, *TAB *lists *possible *command** * * * completions. *Anywhere else TAB lists the possible
** * * * completions of a device/filename. ]grub> *find /boot/grub/stage1*find /boot/grub/stage1
Error 15: File not foundgrub>

Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Wahyu Darmawan

Hi,
Have you try this :
root@rescuecd64 ~ # grub-install /dev/sda (or some device that
installed CentOS)

Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 AM
cahit Eyigünlü

It had solved , the error encounters from thousands of a bad sectors i do not know how it happened but recovery system has repaired after then*
mount /dev/sda /mnt ext3*grub-install /dev/sda

has worked thanks*

Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 PM

> It had solved , the error encounters from thousands of a bad sectors i
> do
> not know how it happened but recovery system has repaired after then
> mount /dev/sda /mnt ext3
> grub-install /dev/sda
>
> has worked thanks
<snip>
"Thousands of bad sectors"? Today, order/walk in and buy a replacement
disk. NOW!

Your other option is to have no computer, because if it's in the thousands
of bad sectors, you probably had a head crash, and the drive *will* be
dead in days, if not today.

mark

Old 04-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Hakan Koseoglu

2010/4/24 cahit Eyigünlü <cahit.eyigunlu@gmail.com>:
> It had solved , the error encounters from thousands of a bad sectors i do
> not know how it happened but recovery system has repaired after then
Throw that disk away and get a new one ASAP.
Do not trust and use that disk.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Les Mikesell

On 4/26/2010 9:04 AM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> 2010/4/24 cahit Eyigünlü<cahit.eyigunlu@gmail.com>:
>> It had solved , the error encounters from thousands of a bad sectors i do
>> not know how it happened but recovery system has repaired after then
> Throw that disk away and get a new one ASAP.
> Do not trust and use that disk.

And equally important: even with a new disk, be sure you have backups.
While drives may average 5+ years of service, the actual time they go
bad is very unpredictable.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM
coca cola

Hello,
Your Mobile # has won 1 million Pounds in the coca cola Int'l Mobile Draw.To Claim,
*Email your Name and phone number to: cokesclaim2011@hotmail.com

Old 12-13-2011, 06:33 AM
Doc Diasy

I'm sending u a link that I promised http://moltenironstonework.com/inf.php?NewYear Hope u like it.