Old 04-23-2010, 07:32 PM
"Enrique Verdes"

Default Problem shuting down server.

Have Centos 5.3 installed in a HP ML110 server. After cloning disk using
Clonezilla, if I issue a shutdown -h now, or any other command to shut
down the server (i.e. init 0 or poweroff), instead of shutting down the
server reboots.

I googled but could't find any answer. ¿Does anybody has a clue about
why this is happening?

--
Enrique Verdes <EVerdes@conatel.com.uy>
Depto. de Ingeniería - CONATEL S.A.

Este mensaje es privado y confidencial y tiene como único destinatario la persona a la que va dirigida. La responsabilidad de su contenido es del remitente y no de CONATEL. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, tenga presente que le está prohibido revelarlo, copiarlo o distribuirlo, debiendo avisar de inmediato al remitente y borrarlo de su sistema. El error de transmisión no implica renuncia a la privacidad y confidencialidad.

This email is private and confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The responsibility of its content is the sender's and not CONATEL'S. If you have received this email by mistake please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Its disclosure, copy or distribution is absolutely forbidden. The transmission error does not imply a waiver of privacy and confidentiality.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Jose Maria Terry Jimenez

El 23/04/10 21:32, Enrique Verdes escribió:
> Have Centos 5.3 installed in a HP ML110 server. After cloning disk using
> Clonezilla, if I issue a shutdown -h now, or any other command to shut
> down the server (i.e. init 0 or poweroff), instead of shutting down the
> server reboots.
>
> I googled but could't find any answer. ¿Does anybody has a clue about
> why this is happening?

Hello

Try adding acpi=force to the kernel boot parameters. This uses to work
in machines not finishing shutting down and stay in "system halted" message.