-   -   Can no longer print (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/361075-can-no-longer-print.html)

MHR 04-23-2010 05:30 PM

Can no longer print

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com> wrote:
:

> Running 'hp-check -t' tells me that libcrypto is a required dependency and I
> don't have it. *'rpm --redhatprovides libcrypto' says that no package provides
> it, and no package of that name is listed. *Where can I get it?

Have you checked any of the hits in Google? There are many of them....

HTH.

mhr

Anne Wilson 04-23-2010 05:45 PM

Can no longer print

Reply to All / Reply to List
On Friday 23 April 2010 18:30:40 MHR wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > Running 'hp-check -t' tells me that libcrypto is a required dependency
> > and I don't have it. 'rpm --redhatprovides libcrypto' says that no
> > package provides it, and no package of that name is listed. Where can I
> > get it?
>
> Have you checked any of the hits in Google? There are many of them....

I've checked quite a few. None of them I've found so far were about these
missing dependencies, but I'll read some more.

Anne

Don Krause 04-23-2010 05:53 PM

Can no longer print

On Apr 23, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Reply to All / Reply to List
> On Friday 23 April 2010 18:30:40 MHR wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>> Running 'hp-check -t' tells me that libcrypto is a required dependency
>>> and I don't have it. 'rpm --redhatprovides libcrypto' says that no
>>> package provides it, and no package of that name is listed. Where can I
>>> get it?
>>
>> Have you checked any of the hits in Google? There are many of them....
>>
> I've checked quite a few. None of them I've found so far were about these
> missing dependencies, but I'll read some more.
>
> Anne

libcrypto is part of openssl.

Weird that whatprovides is useless on this..

[root@cartman ~]# rpm -qf /lib/libcrypto.so.6
openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_4.6
[root@cartman ~]# rpm --redhatprovides libcrypto
no package provides libcrypto
[root@cartman ~]#

--
Don Krause
Head Systems Geek,

John R Pierce 04-23-2010 06:06 PM

Can no longer print

Don Krause wrote:
> [root@cartman ~]# rpm -qf /lib/libcrypto.so.6
> openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_4.6
> [root@cartman ~]# rpm --redhatprovides libcrypto
> no package provides libcrypto
> [root@cartman ~]#

fwiw,

yum provides libcrypto.so.6

does tell you what RPMs.

ditto...

$ rpm -q --whatprovides libcrypto.so.6
openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5

(but only if its already installed)

Stephen Harris 04-23-2010 06:09 PM

Can no longer print

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:53:00AM -0700, Don Krause wrote:
> libcrypto is part of openssl.
>
> Weird that whatprovides is useless on this..
>
> [root@cartman ~]# rpm -qf /lib/libcrypto.so.6
> openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_4.6
> [root@cartman ~]# rpm --redhatprovides libcrypto
> no package provides libcrypto