Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
"Michel van Deventer"

Default RHEL 6 Beta available for public download

Hi

The /rhel/ directory in the link on the redhat pages
(ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/beta/6/) turns out to be a /.rhel/
directory, hope they will fix it soon.. until then a script is monitoring
the ftp server
Also the release notes give a 404.

regards,

Michel

Old 04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
"Michel van Deventer"

And now it works happy downloading

Old 04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Hakan Koseoglu

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Michel van Deventer
<michel@van.deventer.cx> wrote:
> And now it works happy downloading
Too many users already!
They should invest on a proper OS from Redmond!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Timo Schoeler

Hi,

On 04/21/2010 04:25 PM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Michel van Deventer
> <michel@van.deventer.cx> wrote:
>> And now it works happy downloading
> Too many users already!

for whatever reason I see images appearing in here

http://www.riscworks.net/CentOS/RHEL6_Beta/

ppc is already there; x86_64 will only take some more minutes. Don't
know when i386 will be there, tho.

> They should invest on a proper OS from Redmond!

LOL

Cheers,

Timo

Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM

Timo wrote:
> On 04/21/2010 04:25 PM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Michel van Deventer
>> <michel@van.deventer.cx> wrote:
>>> And now it works happy downloading
>> Too many users already!
<snip>
>> They should invest on a proper OS from Redmond!
>
> LOL

I'm sorry, that doesn't work today, since MacAfee pushed out a new .dat
file this morning, and it falsely identified SBC, a WinDoze component, as
a virus, and Windows' response: reboot... and reboot, and reboot....

mark "of *course - *Windows* is a virus!"

Old 04-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Lucian

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Timo Schoeler
<timo.schoeler@riscworks.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/21/2010 04:25 PM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Michel van Deventer
>> <michel@van.deventer.cx> *wrote:
>>> And now it works happy downloading
>> Too many users already!
>
> for whatever reason I see images appearing in here
>
> http://www.riscworks.net/CentOS/RHEL6_Beta/

Thanks for the link, worked like a charm!
I'm writing this message from my fresh RHEL6 Beta :-)
http://imagebin.ca/img/nQV4PfT.png

Old 04-22-2010, 04:03 AM
Paul Norton

RHEL 6 mirror and torrents http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=06021

I was getting a solid 1.3 MB/s from the mirror link.

Timo Schoeler wrote:

Paul Norton
Systems Administrator
Neoverve -www.neoverve.com
Neoverve Blog -http://blog.neoverve.com/

Old 04-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Niki Kovacs

Timo Schoeler a écrit :

> http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/21/red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-beta-available-today-for-public-download/
>
> ...says it all.
>
> Have phun!

I just gave it a spin on two of my machines, two NEW Powermates which I
use to test all kinds of distros and setups on. I've got Ghost images of
about a dozen different distros on each. So let's see what RHEL6b gives.

Machine 1 : DVD boots correctly, asks for the language and then tells me
it can't find the DVD. (I double-checked if the DVD was burnt correctly.)

Machine 2 : installer goes a little further, asks about the storage, and
when I choose the default, it freezes.

So, the RHEL6 experience will have to wait a little further.

Niki

Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Lucian

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Niki Kovacs <contact@kikinovak.net> wrote:
> Timo Schoeler a écrit :
>>
>> http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/21/red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-beta-available-today-for-public-download/
>>
>> ...says it all.
>>
>> Have phun!
>

> I just gave it a spin on two of my machines, two NEW Powermates which I
> use to test all kinds of distros and setups on. I've got Ghost images of
> about a dozen different distros on each. So let's see what RHEL6b gives.
>
> Machine 1 : DVD boots correctly, asks for the language and then tells me
> it can't find the DVD. (I double-checked if the DVD was burnt correctly.)
>
> Machine 2 : installer goes a little further, asks about the storage, and
> when I choose the default, it freezes.
>
> So, the RHEL6 experience will have to wait a little further.
>
> Niki

Niki,

You should still be able to "experience" it a virtual machine; at
least this is how I did it and it worked great.
Maybe you should submit a bug report at redhat regarding your install issues.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Phil Schaffner

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 21:19 +0100, Lucian wrote:
> You should still be able to "experience" it a virtual machine; at
> least this is how I did it and it worked great.
> Maybe you should submit a bug report at redhat regarding your install issues.

Works pretty well on VirtualBox 3.1.6 on CentOS 5.4 and Mac OS-X hosts.
Problems with display resolution limited to 800x600 and can't get NFS
client to mount shares.

See the Forum topic on RHEL6 beta for more experiences:

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25876&forum=14

Phil