Old 04-21-2010, 11:40 AM
sync

Default Sendmail using LDAP authentication problem

Hi , all ;

***** My openldap is running fine . Sendmail* configuration is done. I want to use LDAP authentication only.
***** User of my mailserver should not have a Linux users .

****** I am running CentOS 5.3 i386 . Openldap-2.3.43-3.el5 , sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5

*******
****** All the software is already installed and running . LDAP has the following tree:
**************** uid=xxx, ou=People, dc=test, dc=com

****** I want to know what I've to change which configuration file and any pointer to the doc with clearly says the configuration .

** * ** Any help will be* appreciated. Please I am kind of stuck and waiting for anyone who can clear this cloud.

*

**** Thank you in advance ~

Old 04-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Craig White

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 19:40 +0800, sync wrote:
> Hi , all ;
>
> My openldap is running fine . Sendmail configuration is done. I
> want to use LDAP authentication only.
> User of my mailserver should not have a Linux users .
>
> I am running CentOS 5.3 i386 . Openldap-2.3.43-3.el5 ,
> sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5
>
> All the software is already installed and running . LDAP has
> the following tree:
> uid=xxx, ou=People, dc=test, dc=com
>
> I want to know what I've to change which configuration file and
> any pointer to the doc with clearly says the configuration .
>
> Any help will be appreciated. Please I am kind of stuck and
> waiting for anyone who can clear this cloud.
----
If you use authconfig to setup nsswitch.conf, pam.d/system-auth and
ldap.conf, you really don't have to do anything in sendmail to
specifically use ldap because pam will find the ldap users
automatically.

at the point it is working, commands like 'getent passwd' and 'getent
group' will list LDAP users and groups respectively and authentication
should work.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:28 PM
"Dan Irwin"

Hello,

You should look at saslauthd. I have used it in the past to do precisely
this; Authenticate "virtual" users for access to sendmail and
cyrus-imapd.

Regards,

Dan