FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Jim Perrin
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Jure Pečar <pegasus@nerv.eu.org> wrote:

> Yes but it doesn't show up under 30day trial subscription. Is it available for accounts with paid subscription?

I don't see it in my channel listings (for paid subscription) yet.


--
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
George Orwell
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Jure Pečar
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:07:10 -0400
Jim Perrin <jperrin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see it in my channel listings (for paid subscription) yet.

OK, I would understand this as it is not generally available yet.

Which Fedora release is closest in terms of compiler and library versions? I would need to start porting some software over to be ready by the time rhel6 ships.


--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Laurent Wandrebeck
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:18:55 +0200
Jure Pečar <pegasus@nerv.eu.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:07:10 -0400
> Jim Perrin <jperrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't see it in my channel listings (for paid subscription) yet.
>
> OK, I would understand this as it is not generally available yet.
>
> Which Fedora release is closest in terms of compiler and library versions? I would need to start porting some software over to be ready by the time rhel6 ships.
F12 AFAIK.

Laurent
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 PM
cornel panceac
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

> Which Fedora release is closest in terms of compiler and library versions? I would need to start porting some software over to be ready by the time rhel6 ships.

F12 AFAIK.



i can see that the installer comes from f13.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Kwan Lowe
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Jim Perrin <jperrin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Jure Pečar <pegasus@nerv.eu.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes but it doesn't show up under 30day trial subscription. Is it available for accounts with paid subscription?
>
> I don't see it in my channel listings (for paid subscription) yet.
>
>

http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/21/red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-beta-available-today-for-public-download/

It's a public beta..
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Kwan Lowe wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Jim Perrin <jperrin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Jure Pečar <pegasus@nerv.eu.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes but it doesn't show up under 30day trial subscription. Is it available for accounts with paid subscription?
> >
> > I don't see it in my channel listings (for paid subscription) yet.
> >
> >
>
> http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/21/red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-beta-available-today-for-public-download/
>
> It's a public beta..

still a few bugs in the system or something. from here:

https://inquiries.redhat.com/go/redhat/rhel-6-beta

if you choose to "skip registration", you get:

"550 Failed to change directory."

or am i missing something?

rday
--

================================================== ======================
Robert P. J. Day Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Linux Consulting, Training and Kernel Pedantry.

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday
================================================== ======================____________________________ ___________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Kwan Lowe
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> *still a few bugs in the system or something. *from here:
>
> https://inquiries.redhat.com/go/redhat/rhel-6-beta
>
> if you choose to "skip registration", you get:
>
> *"550 Failed to change directory."
>
> or am i missing something?

It's up there now... I haven't started a download but I can navigate
the tree fine.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Kwan Lowe wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>
> > *still a few bugs in the system or something. *from here:
> >
> > https://inquiries.redhat.com/go/redhat/rhel-6-beta
> >
> > if you choose to "skip registration", you get:
> >
> > *"550 Failed to change directory."
> >
> > or am i missing something?
>
> It's up there now... I haven't started a download but I can navigate
> the tree fine.

yes, it's working now.

rday
--

================================================== ======================
Robert P. J. Day Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Linux Consulting, Training and Kernel Pedantry.

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday
================================================== ======================____________________________ ___________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Pasi Krkkinen
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 03:03:09PM +0300, cornel panceac wrote:
> > Which Fedora release is closest in terms of compiler and library
> versions? I would need to start porting some software over to be ready
> by the time rhel6 ships.
> F12 AFAIK.
>
> i can see that the installer comes from f13.

Yes, RHEL6 installer was branched from Fedora 13 installer in January 2010.

-- Pasi

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 AM
cornel panceac
 
Default RHEL 6 beta manuals online

Yes, RHEL6 installer was branched from Fedora 13 installer in January 2010.



-- Pasi



thank you.


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org