Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Patrick DERWAEL

Default How to display the IP on the welcome screen

Hi all,

I'm running CentOS 5.4 in a VMware guest, with the host connected to a DHCP enabled LAN
When CentOS comes up, I would like to see the IP adress displayed on the welcome screen.
This would save me the hassle of logging in the VM, getting the IP, and logging off before finally ssh'ing to the VM.

Does anyone have a clue on how to do this ??

Thanks!

PS: security is not an issue as I'm running the VM on my local laptop
PPS: this is a "confort" issue only (lazy me... I know !!!)
--
Patrick Derwael
Rue Hubert Larock, 20

4280 Hannut