Old 04-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Janez Kosmrlj

Default ibmasm service

Does someone have any info on this service. It's supposed to configure and have the tools to communicate with the ibm RSA.
I am looking for a procedure to configure the RSA without using the bios and when possible set a access password.

Is this the right tool to do this or am i misunderstanding something.

Regards
Janez

Old 04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
John Doe

From: Janez Kosmrlj <postnalista@googlemail.com>
>On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Janez Kosmrlj <postnalista@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>Does someone have any info on this service. It's supposed to configure and have the tools to communicate with the ibm RSA.
>>I am looking for a procedure to configure the RSA without using the bios and when possible set a access password.
>>Is this the right tool to do this or am i misunderstanding something.
>Nobody?

What does the documentation say?

JD

Old 05-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Janez Kosmrlj

From: Janez Kosmrlj <postnalista@googlemail.com>

>On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Janez Kosmrlj <postnalista@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>>Does someone have any info on this service. It's supposed to configure and have the tools to communicate with the ibm RSA.

>>I am looking for a procedure to configure the RSA without using the bios and when possible set a access password.

>>Is this the right tool to do this or am i misunderstanding something.

>Nobody?

What does the documentation say?

JD

OK i found out how to do this.
1. uninstall ibmasm package: rpm -e --nodeps ibmasm

2. get ibmusbasm and ibm asu packages from ibm website

3. install packages

4. run: /opt/ibm/toolscenter/asu/asu show

5. change desired parameters with /opt/ibm/toolscenter/asu/asu set RSA...

Old 05-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Janez Kosmrlj

forgot the dependency to libusb-devel so the recepi goes like this:

1. uninstall ibmasm package: rpm -e --nodeps ibmasm

2. install libusb-devel

3. get ibmusbasm and ibm asu packages from ibm website

4. install packages

5. run: /opt/ibm/toolscenter/asu/asu show

6. change desired parameters with /opt/ibm/toolscenter/asu/asu set RSA...

janez