Old 04-19-2010, 08:25 PM
cahit Eyigünlü

Default Pause time

i want to pause my cent os time and date in a spesific date is it possible ?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>i want to pause my cent os time and date in a spesific date is it possible ?

Time stands still for no one...

You can reset it (often if need be), but the clock has more than an aesthetic role
for the user, it can't be "paused". I _wonder_ why you need to do this?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:32 PM
cahit Eyigünlü

i have a algorthm depending on a circul of a server time in a 10 day period and i want to execute this command :*sudo date MMDDhhmmYYYY
periodically in every 10 day

Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM

> i have a algorthm depending on a circul of a server time in a 10 day
> period
> and i want to execute this command :
> sudo date MMDDhhmmYYYY
> periodically in every 10 day

It needs to be set back 10 days every ten days? I'd say you have a real
problem with your algorithm.

mark

Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>It needs to be set back 10 days every ten days? I'd say you have a real
>problem with your algorithm.

I'd love to have to read his logs

Old 04-19-2010, 08:45 PM
cahit Eyigünlü

just for a secret if there is a possibility i will be very glad for this

Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 PM

> just for a secret if there is a possibility i will be very glad for
> this
>
> 2010/4/19 Joseph L. Casale <jcasale@activenetwerx.com>
>
>> >It needs to be set back 10 days every ten days? I'd say you have a real
>> >problem with your algorithm.
>>
>> I'd love to have to read his logs

Does his algorithm include spam?

mark "or C&C for a botnet?"

Old 04-19-2010, 09:00 PM
cahit Eyigünlü

nope , i just need to start the time from june to july on 2009 there is nothing else ,just a trick of an brilliant idea in my opinion for my network

Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Les Mikesell

On 4/19/2010 3:32 PM, cahit Eyigünlü wrote:
> i have a algorthm depending on a circul of a server time in a 10 day
> period and i want to execute this command :
> sudo date MMDDhhmmYYYY
> periodically in every 10 day

Make a script file like:
#!/bin/sh
date MMDDhhmmYYYY
echo /path/to/script | at now + 10 days

Chmod +x the script and run it as root at the starting time you want.
It will run itself again in 10 days. The "now + 10 days" is literal -
the program will do the math.

But, some strange things may happen to any cron jobs or other at
commands that span the time warp.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>nope , i just need to start the time from june to july on 2009 there is nothing else ,
>just a trick of an brilliant idea in my opinion for my network

Famous words heh...