Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Jake Grimmett

Default warnquota email domain ?

Dear All,

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, or if I'm just being daft,
but I can't get warnquota to send emails to the right address.

When I put a test user (gollum) over quota, and run warnquota on a server
(nfs2.lmb.internal), the email generated by warnquota appears in the maillog
as "to=<gollum@nfs2.lmb.internal>," What I need is the email to go
to "gollum@lmb.internal"

I have four NFS servers, using NIS / automounts (no LDAP), my users all have
email addresses <USERID@lmb.internal>. Any ideas on how to get warnquota to
work, or should I just write a script to parse `repquota -avgu` ?

many thanks

Jake
--
Jake Grimmett

Old 04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Frank Cox

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 14:33 +0100, Jake Grimmett wrote:
> Any ideas on how to get warnquota to
> work,

Configure sendmail to direct the email to where-ever it needs to be.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Ian Levesque

On Apr 19, 2010, at 9:33 AM, Jake Grimmett wrote:

> When I put a test user (gollum) over quota, and run warnquota on a server
> (nfs2.lmb.internal), the email generated by warnquota appears in the maillog
> as "to=<gollum@nfs2.lmb.internal>," What I need is the email to go
> to "gollum@lmb.internal"

you should be able to simply define a MAIL_HUB in your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file:

dnl # foward all emails to institutional email server
define(`MAIL_HUB', `smtp.server.edu')dnl

make -C /etc/mail && service sendmail restart

HTH,
ian