Old 04-18-2010, 11:09 AM
hqm8512

Default wher cam i get the kickstart's rpm or gz?

HI erveryone,
****** I want to install some machines with the kickstart,but i can't find the kickstart's rpm or gz,anyone know it? my server is suse 10.3,thank you!

Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 AM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

hqm8512 wrote:

HI erveryone,
I want to install some machines with the kickstart,but i can't
find the kickstart's rpm or gz,anyone know it? my server is suse
10.3,thank you!

OpenSuSE uses autoyast.

mg.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Christoph Maser

Am Sonntag, den 18.04.2010, 13:09 +0200 schrieb hqm8512:
> HI erveryone,
> I want to install some machines with the kickstart,but i can't
> find the kickstart's rpm or gz,anyone know it? my server is suse
> 10.3,thank you!

There ist no "kickstart software". Kickstart is a mix of pxe, tftp, dhcp
and a command file for anaconda. For details consult the fine
documentation at
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/ch-kickstart2.html

Regards
Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach

Old 04-20-2010, 07:43 AM
zawminoo oo

Hi Marcelo

For Centos 5.4, I found system-config-kickstart rpm from dvd under /media/CentOS_5.4_Final/CentOS directory. So you can change to that directory and install rpm.
[root@centos CentOS]# rpm -ivh system-config-kickstart-2.6.19.8-2.el5.noarch.rpm

After installation finished, you can use that command.

#system-config-kickstart

For Suse, I think you can try the same way as I do or download that rpm from internet.
Best Regards,

Zaw Min Oo