Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 AM
"Jai Prakash"

Default memory leak observed with valgrind on CentOS release 5.4 (Final)

Hi All,

*

Not sure exactly a memory leak or not. I was porting my nagios
from Redhat 7.3 to CentOS 5.4 and I observed the memory usage was gradually
increasing on the new centos box.

*

When I ran all my perl plugins with Valgrind -3.2.1, all the
plugins complained about a memory leak. Not sure if it’s a leak or if its
fault with valgrind way of evaluating things.

*

I have attached valgrind output when i ran a simple
hello-world.pl on my centos box. *

*

I shall greatly appreciate if anyone have faced similar
behaviour.

*

Thanks,

Jai Prakash