Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Jatin Davey

Default Viewing the NTP Server configured

Thanks for all the support , i found that i dont have the ntp daemon
running on my box which will contact the server. once i have it i could
use the support provided.

Thanks
Jatin

Old 04-16-2010, 02:51 AM
Jobst Schmalenbach

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 03:42:22PM +0700, Wahyu Darmawan (wahyu.darmawan@gmail.com) wrote:
> You can use /var/log/messages info for your synchronized time server.

That is only for the standard config, if you inherit
machines this could be in /var/log/ntp.log or something
as you can specify e.g. "-l /var/log/ntp.log"

A better way would be

ps -Afw | grep ntp

Jobst

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Jatin Davey <jashokda@cisco.com> wrote:
> > How do i know which NTP server is my linux box contacting to synchronize
> > its time with that of the server ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jatin

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?