Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Jatin Davey

Default Viewing the NTP Server configured

How do i know which NTP server is my linux box contacting to synchronize
its time with that of the server ?

Thanks
Jatin

Old 04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Wahyu Darmawan

You can use /var/log/messages info for your synchronized time server.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Timo Schoeler

Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 AM
John R Pierce

Jatin Davey wrote:
> How do i know which NTP server is my linux box contacting to synchronize
> its time with that of the server ?

$ /usr/sbin/ntptrace
localhost: stratum 3, offset 0.000017, synch distance 0.07758
io.sf.netdot.net: stratum 2, offset 0.000548, synch distance 0.04774
bigben.cac.washington.edu: stratum 1, offset -0.001988, synch distance
0.00060, refid 'USNO'