Old 04-13-2010, 12:16 PM

Default PXE Boot : Clonezilla

Hi,

I wanted to set up Clonezilla Tools
on my client machine via PXE Boot. How do I do it. I got information from
the

web, but after making changes in the
dhcpd.conf file, the dhcpd fails to start. In the BIOS after enabling the
PXE Boot,

iam not able to see an Clonezilla menu
options that i have placed in /pxelinux.cfg file. Iam using centos-5.3
on Intel Board

Please provide me with some more information
on the same.

Disclaimer : This message is proprietary
to Smartlink Network Systems Ltd. and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential
information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for
what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. The company accepts no responsibility
for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus.

This email has been
scrubbed for your protection by SecureMX. For more information visit
securemx.in

Old 04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

premrajm@digilink.in wrote:
> I wanted to set up Clonezilla Tools on my client machine via PXE Boot.
> How do I do it. I got information from the
> web, but after making changes in the dhcpd.conf file, the dhcpd fails to
> start. In the BIOS after enabling the PXE Boot,
> iam not able to see an Clonezilla menu options that i have placed in
> /pxelinux.cfg file. Iam using centos-5.3 on Intel Board
>
> Please provide me with some more information on the same.
>
> Regards,
> Premraj

Hi

I think you are the who should provide more information. The sentence
"after making changes in the dhcpd.conf file, the dhcpd fails to start"
doesn't help.

What change?

There are plenty of documentation on the web about how to set up a dhcp
server, for example:
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-dhcp-configuring-server.html

Regards

mg.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Les Mikesell

On 4/13/2010 7:17 AM, premrajm@digilink.in wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to set up Clonezilla Tools on my client machine via PXE Boot.
> How do I do it. I got information from the
> web, but after making changes in the dhcpd.conf file, the dhcpd fails to
> start. In the BIOS after enabling the PXE Boot,
> iam not able to see an Clonezilla menu options that i have placed in
> /pxelinux.cfg file. Iam using centos-5.3 on Intel Board
>
> Please provide me with some more information on the same.

One way to do this is to install drbl, which can PXE-boot clients into
clonezilla or several other things:
http://drbl.sourceforge.net/one4all/

--
Les Mikesell