Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 AM
"CList"

Default Cloud on CentOS

Hi,

Is there any tutorial/implementation cloud on CentOS? Or anyone with
experience like to share?

Regards and thanks
wL

Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 AM
John R Pierce

CList wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any tutorial/implementation cloud on CentOS? Or anyone with
> experience like to share?

in real life, clouds are fuzzy and wet, and can take on many shapes and
forms.

in computers..... much the same. except maybe the wet part.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:34 AM
"James A. Peltier"

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, CList wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any tutorial/implementation cloud on CentOS? Or anyone with
> experience like to share?
>
> Regards and thanks
> wL

Get familiar with

Xen or KVM or VMWare
LVM
maybe Eucalyptus, OpenQRM or similar
maybe VLANs or MPLS/VRF

build "cloud". I *oh* so hate that term!

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director

TEAMWORK
There's power in numbers. Learn to work together.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Tsuyoshi Nagata

(2010/04/13 13:29), CList wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any tutorial/implementation cloud on CentOS? Or anyone with
> experience like to share?
>
> Regards and thanks
> wL

There is a rpm image for eucalyptus on CentOS.
http://open.eucalyptus.com/downloads

Many experience is available from the comunity.

Tsuyoshi

Old 04-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

On 13/04/2010 05:29, CList wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any tutorial/implementation cloud on CentOS? Or anyone with
> experience like to share?

Can you be a little more specific. Do you want the Virtualisation, the
Management, the Storage, the Processing. Basically what do you want to
do with the "cloud"? There are so many options of building the cloud stack.

I am about to write how to get hadoop on CentOS if you want some
information on that?

Cheers Didi

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 AM
"CList"

> For what its worth...I do a little cloud-y type stuff at home. Mostly
> spinning up VMs using KOAN/Cobbler and configuration with Puppet. Is that

> the kind of thing you are interested in?

I am deploying an application for about 200 locations, and I think cloud is
what I am looking for

Old 04-15-2010, 05:29 AM
"CList"

>> Is there any tutorial/implementation cloud on CentOS? Or anyone with
>> experience like to share?
>>

> There is a rpm image for eucalyptus on CentOS.
> http://open.eucalyptus.com/downloads
>
> Many experience is available from the comunity.

Many thanks.. Will look into that website.

wL.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:32 AM
"CList"

>> Is there any tutorial/implementation cloud on CentOS? Or anyone with
>> experience like to share?
>
> Can you be a little more specific. Do you want the Virtualisation, the
> Management, the Storage, the Processing. Basically what do you want to
> do with the "cloud"? There are so many options of building the cloud
stack.

> I am about to write how to get hadoop on CentOS if you want some
> information on that?

Thanks Didi, yes I would love to lay on hands on the information. I am
deploying
an application for about 200 locations. We want to "centralize" and have a
more robust infrastructure

Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM
"Scot P. Floess"

You mention 200 locations... Do you want to consolidate the application
to 1 location and those locations use this? Not clear to me what it is
you want to accomplish...

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale