-   -   CPU Upgrade (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/342640-cpu-upgrade.html)

Kevin Kempter 03-17-2010 12:55 AM

CPU Upgrade

Hi all;

I have a Dell 2900 with a single Quad core chip and an expansion slot for a
second Quad core chip.

I have CentOS 5.4 installed on the server now. If I add the second Quad core
chip do I need to change anything per the install? Do I have to re-install the
OS? Or will CentOS simply see the second chip once I reboot and just work?

Thanks in advance

"nate" 03-17-2010 01:04 AM

CPU Upgrade

Kevin Kempter wrote:

> OS? Or will CentOS simply see the second chip once I reboot and just work?

No changes, you're already running a SMP kernel since you have
4 cores now, so no changes.

nate