-   -   Tomcat 5.23 help - http://hostname:8080 is an empty page. (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/341901-tomcat-5-23-help-http-hostname-8080-empty-page.html)

testwreq wreq 03-15-2010 03:10 PM

Tomcat 5.23 help - http://hostname:8080 is an empty page.

Thanks. That was it. I can now see the welcome page.
*
I have to move one application to this installation. Application consists of some jsp pages and servlets. Is there a place that documents the steps to setup an application?

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@gmail.com> wrote:

On 3/15/2010 10:30 AM, testwreq wreq wrote:
> I installed tomcat 5.23 from the yum install of centos5.3 and have
> started tomcat on port 8080 . The http://hostname:8080 shows a blank

> page. In a standard Tomcat distribution, the default application is
> located in the ROOT directory /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps: From centos
> installation, this directory is empty. Please help us to bring up the

> apache-tomcat installation page.
> tomcat5.conf has the following settings
> CATALINA_HOME="/usr/share/tomcat5"
> JASPER_HOME="/usr/share/tomcat5"
> CATALINA_TMPDIR="/usr/share/tomcat5/temp"

> JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS="/usr/share/tomcat5/common/endorsed"
> I see the following in /usr/share/tomcat5 after installtion. Why is
> webapps folder empty?

Do a 'yum search tomcat5' to see the available packages and install any

that are missing. *tomcat5-webapps and tomcat5-admin-webapps are
separate packages.

--
* Les Mikesell
* *lesmikesell@gmail.com