Old 03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
David Mehler

Default mailman and postfix on CentOS

Hello,
I'm trying to get postfix and mailman going on CentOS 5.4. I had this
working previously, six to eight months ago, and shut it down since
the need for use was no longer there. I've now reactivated mailman and
set up a list. The software versions I'm using are httpd 2.2.14,
postfix 2.3.3, and mailman 2.1.9.
All the services are started, the list is created, and email is sent
to the list owner. The problem is reply addresses for subscriptions
are being sent to mailman@domain.com rather than
mailman@lists.domain.com as i want. In the email all the email
addresses point to mailman@lists.domain.com except for the reply to
header that goes to as i said mailman@domain.com. The lists.domain.com
is a subdomain dedicated to the mailing list.The mailman newlist
command correctly creates list aliases in /etc/mailman/aliases file.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dave.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Ryan Pugatch

On 03/13/2010 07:27 PM, David Mehler wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to get postfix and mailman going on CentOS 5.4. I had this
> working previously, six to eight months ago, and shut it down since
> the need for use was no longer there. I've now reactivated mailman and
> set up a list. The software versions I'm using are httpd 2.2.14,
> postfix 2.3.3, and mailman 2.1.9.
> All the services are started, the list is created, and email is sent
> to the list owner. The problem is reply addresses for subscriptions
> are being sent to mailman@domain.com rather than
> mailman@lists.domain.com as i want. In the email all the email
> addresses point to mailman@lists.domain.com except for the reply to
> header that goes to as i said mailman@domain.com. The lists.domain.com
> is a subdomain dedicated to the mailing list.The mailman newlist
> command correctly creates list aliases in /etc/mailman/aliases file.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Take a look at DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in mm_cfg.py

Ryan

Old 03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
David Mehler

Hi,
Thanks. Checked the setting it is set to lists.example.com.
Thanks.
Dave.