Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Stephen Harris

Default How can I access a ZIP file that's over 2Gb?

I have a zip file. It is over 2Gb in size:

-rw-r--r-- 1 sweh sweh 2383956582 Mar 13 13:44 test.zip

The standard "unzip" program barfs:
% unzip -l test.zip
Archive: test.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of test.zip or
test.zip.zip, and cannot find test.zip.ZIP, period.

This is because the info-zip utilities can't handle ZIP files over 2Gb in
size.

Windows can access it just fine.

Anyone have any recommendations on a unix tool that'll let me access these
large files?

--

rgds
Stephen