Old 03-13-2010, 03:17 PM
David Mehler

Default mailman on CentOS with multiple virtual hosts

Hello,
This isn't exactly CentOS specific, but it does reference the CentOS
way of doing things, so offlist replies might be better.
I'm running a CentOS 5.4 server with postfix as MTA with virtual
mailbox domains. I have set up a mailing list server
lists.example1.com using apache virtual hosts and the mailman rpm. Now
i want to add a second one call it lists.example2.com and am not sure
how to pull this off. If anyone has a multiple virtual host setup i'd
be interested.
Thanks.
Dave.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

David Mehler wrote on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:17:26 -0500:

> I'm running a CentOS 5.4 server with postfix as MTA with virtual
> mailbox domains. I have set up a mailing list server
> lists.example1.com using apache virtual hosts and the mailman rpm. Now
> i want to add a second one call it lists.example2.com and am not sure
> how to pull this off.

This is explained in detail in one of the docs for site admins here you
can reach from here: http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/docs.html
and here: http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Frequently+Asked+Questions

Basically, you have to setup a virtual host like normal, maybe need to
setup aliasing for it (just like for the first virtual host you have for
mailman) and have to tell the list what URL it runs on. This information
is entered when you create the list. If you want to change it later you
have to use the withlist command, explained here:
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030616
Mailman has a very helpful mailing list, too.

Kai