Old 03-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Al Sparks

Default Installing additional software from CD

I installed CentOS w/o Gnome, or X-Windows.

I'd like to install that stuff from the CD. I don't want to try and install individual RPM's. What can I run off the CD that allows me to use the standard package manager (or whatever it's called)?
=== Al

Old 03-13-2010, 08:44 AM
"nate"

Al Sparks wrote:
> I installed CentOS w/o Gnome, or X-Windows.
>
> I'd like to install that stuff from the CD. I don't want to try and install
> individual RPM's. What can I run off the CD that allows me to use the
> standard package manager (or whatever it's called)?

from /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo

# CentOS-Media.repo
#
# This repo is used to mount the default locations for a CDROM / DVD on
# CentOS-5. You can use this repo and yum to install items directly off the
# DVD ISO that we release.
#
# To use this repo, put in your DVD and use it with the other repos too:
# yum --enablerepo=c5-media [command]
#
# or for ONLY the media repo, do this:
#
# yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=c5-media [command]

Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Al Sparks

Maybe the right direction. So does this assume that the DVD is mounted at /mnt/cdrom? What does c5-media mean?
=== Al