Old 03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Vijay Shanker Dubey

Default VNC viewer blank screen

Hi,
I have configured vnc on my centos server machine. But, unable to access the vnc client. When ever i try to access my client. All I get is a blank screen with only mouse working.

I am very clue less about the problem, Can I find out this error.Regards,
Vijay Shanker Dubey

Old 03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Vijay Shanker Dubey

Hi I found out a log file in my .vnc folder. Here is the details:

-----Xvnc Free Edition 4.1.2Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.

Underlying X server release 70101000, The X.Org Foundation

Thu Mar 11 08:51:53 2010*vncext: * * *VNC extension running!*vncext: * * *Listening for VNC connections on port 5902

*vncext: * * *Listening for HTTP connections on port 5802*vncext: * * *created VNC server for screen 0/bin/sh: (-): No such file or directory
Thu Mar 11 08:52:04 2010

*Connections: accepted: 122.162.132.162::46570*SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8*SConnection: Client requests security type VncAuth(2)
Thu Mar 11 08:52:10 2010

*VNCSConnST: *Server default pixel format depth 16 (16bpp) little-endian rgb565*VNCSConnST: *Client pixel format depth 6 (8bpp) rgb222------
Regards,

Vijay Shanker Dubey

Old 03-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Kwan Lowe

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Vijay Shanker Dubey
<vijay.shad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have configured vnc on my centos server machine. But, unable to access the
> vnc client. When ever i try to access my client. All I get is a blank screen
> with only mouse working.
> I am very clue less about the problem, Can I find out this error.

Most likely you do not have a window manager configured in your
~/vnc/xstartup file. Mine, for example, looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
startxfce4 &

The last line starts up my window manager and desktop.