Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Jerry Geis

Default ooimpress in show only mode

hi all.

Look at ooimpress on centos 5 x86_64.

been trying to find a way to get it to just show a power point and not
show the editor screen.

tried:

ooimpress -show pp.ppt
ooimpress -invisible -show pp.ppt
ooimpress -headless -show pp.ppt
and others
I always get the editor window.

Did some google searching and didnt find anything...

Was wondering if anyone knows how to start impress and not show the editor.
I just want to see the power point in slide show mode.

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 03-11-2010, 03:35 PM

> hi all.
>
> Look at ooimpress on centos 5 x86_64.
>
> been trying to find a way to get it to just show a power point and not
> show the editor screen.

If you find out, let us all know. I open a .pps from an email, and get the
editor screen.

mark

Old 03-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Kwan Lowe

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:
> hi all.
>
> Look at ooimpress on centos 5 x86_64.
>
> been trying to find a way to get it to just show a power point and not
> show the editor screen.
>
> tried:
>
> ooimpress -show pp.ppt

At least on my version, this works. It shows the editor screen for a
second then drops into presentation (full screen, <space> to advance,
etc.).

[kwan@ice9 Documentation]$ yum list openoffice*impress
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin, downloadonly, fastestmirror, priorities
Installed Packages
openoffice.org-impress.i386 1:2.3.0-6.11.el5_4.4 installed
[kwan@ice9 Documentation]$