Old 03-09-2010, 01:51 PM

Default 5.4 and tomcat5

I set up a 5.4 server with tomcat5
All standard packages from CentOS repo
I can not seem to access the tomcat manager from a remote host
I can access the tomcat admin remotely
I have a manager role and user defined in tomcat-users.xml
Attempting to access the manager gets me

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

type Status report

message Access to the requested resource has been denied

description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested
resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

How do I enable remote access

Thanks
Richard

Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 PM

> I set up a 5.4 server with tomcat5
> All standard packages from CentOS repo
> I can not seem to access the tomcat manager from a remote host
> I can access the tomcat admin remotely
> I have a manager role and user defined in tomcat-users.xml
> Attempting to access the manager gets me
>
> HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied
<snip>
Sounds like a firewall issue to me, but I'd check the logfiles.

mark