Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 AM
carlopmart

Default OT: Binding NFS services to specific ip address

Hi all,

I have a CentOS 5.4 server with 3 interfaces used as a NAS (SMB, iSCSI and NFS).
Is it possible to bind all NFS services (portmap, nfsd, mountd, etc) to a specific
interface?

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Old 03-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM, carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> *I have a CentOS 5.4 server with 3 interfaces used as a NAS (SMB, iSCSI and NFS).
> Is it possible to bind all NFS services (portmap, nfsd, mountd, etc) to a specific
> interface?

Yes, /etc/sysconfig/nfs

Old 03-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Paul Heinlein

*I have a CentOS 5.4 server with 3 interfaces used as a NAS (SMB,
iSCSI and NFS). Is it possible to bind all NFS services (portmap,
nfsd, mountd, etc) to a specific interface?

Yes, /etc/sysconfig/nfs

Beware, however, that when you bind to, say, eth0, you'll loose
loopback access to those services. I know that caused a problem for a
friend of mine, but I can't recall exactly what broke.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@madboa.com <> http://www.madboa.com/_______________________________________________