Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Alan McKay

Default looking for lshw xml parser

Hey folks,

Google brings up one concrete hit at
http://chadsikorra.com/?p=96

but I contacted the author and he said it is buggy and needs a fair
bit of work, so I decided against using it.

That's about all I was able to come up with.

Anything else out there?

thanks,
-Alan

Old 03-08-2010, 07:57 PM
John R Pierce

Alan McKay wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Google brings up one concrete hit at
> http://chadsikorra.com/?p=96
>
> but I contacted the author and he said it is buggy and needs a fair
> bit of work, so I decided against using it.
>
> That's about all I was able to come up with.
>
> Anything else out there?

lshw, the hardware listing utility?

how about stripping the parser out of
http://code.google.com/p/enterprise-inventory-system/ ?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Alan McKay

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> lshw, the hardware listing utility?
>
> how about stripping the parser out of
> http://code.google.com/p/enterprise-inventory-system/ ?

Wow, or just make a PostgreSQL backend for it! I may just try it with
MySQL to see what it is like