-   -   Is parralel processing automatically done on multi-core CPU's? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/336956-parralel-processing-automatically-done-multi-core-cpus.html)

Rudi Ahlers 03-06-2010 08:51 AM

Is parralel processing automatically done on multi-core CPU's?

Hi,
*
I just noticed this article, http://www.howtoforge.net/fully-utilizing-your-x-core-cpu*which uses http://code.google.com/p/ppss/*for parralel processing.

*
So, can anyone tell me if parralel processing happens automatically on CentOS, or would I need to use this script as well? We mainly have Dual Core & Dual CPU, Dual Core (i.e. 8 cores) servers and it would be benefitial to know whether any applications on the server could automatically use all 8 cores, or whether I need todo something on the servers to get this working?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com