Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

Default Looking for Newsletter Stuff

Hey

I want to start the next Newsletter early so it can be a little more
relaxed. The next release will be the 1. April.

I really need someone to *interview*, just drop me a mail and I will
send you a few questions. This can be anyone from the community that has
some sort of CentOS install.

And then I want to introduce a new section called DeskShot where users
can show off their workplaces. Something around the lines of [1] [2]

Comments, like always welcome

Cheers Didi

[1] http://picasaweb.google.com/ribalba/CernWork#5165470488379454594
[2] http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy187/ribalba/CIMG0027.jpg

Feel free to obfuscate anything to personal

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
"Garry.Dale"

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann <didi@ribalba.de> wrote:
> Hey
>
> I want to start the next Newsletter early so it can be a little more
> relaxed. The next release will be the 1. April.

Hi, Didi: I like the plan. Are there any feature ideas on the table
for which you need reporters? I'm ready to volunteer for an
assignment, if needed.

> I really need someone to *interview*, just drop me a mail and I will
> send you a few questions. This can be anyone from the community that has
> some sort of CentOS install.

How about more interviews with the CentOS Development Team, perhaps
Karanbir Singh next? We've seen some interesting interviews with
members Ralph Angenendt [1], Russ Herrold [2], Tru Huynh [3], and Tim
Verhoeven [4], and I'm interested in seeing some more.

> And then I want to introduce a new section called DeskShot where users
> can show off their workplaces. Something around the lines of [1] [2]
>
> Comments, like always welcome
>
> Cheers Didi
>
> [1] http://picasaweb.google.com/ribalba/CernWork#5165470488379454594
> [2] http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy187/ribalba/CIMG0027.jpg

I like this idea, too. However, I feel compelled to point out a
violation within your Data Center [5].

Cheers.

gd

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/0903
[2] http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/0904
[3] http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/0905
[4] http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/0906
[5] http://wiki.centos.org/GarryDale?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=didiCIMG 0027.jpg

Old 03-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Benjamin Donnachie

On 5 March 2010 17:07, Garry.Dale <garry.dale@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like this idea, too. *However, I feel compelled to point out a
> violation within your Data Center [5].
> [5] http://wiki.centos.org/GarryDale?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=didiCIMG 0027.jpg

Mandatory in the UK! At least at my desk....

Ben

Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Ian Forde

On Mar 5, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Benjamin Donnachie <benjamin@py-
soft.co.uk> wrote:

> On 5 March 2010 17:07, Garry.Dale <garry.dale@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I like this idea, too. However, I feel compelled to point out a
>> violation within your Data Center [5].
>> [5] http://wiki.centos.org/GarryDale?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=didiCIMG 0027.jpg
>
> Mandatory in the UK! At least at my desk....

Nice! Might want to install Synergy on those boxes though and get rid
of those extra keyboards!

-I

Old 03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
JohnS

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 11:07 -0600, Garry.Dale wrote:

> I like this idea, too. However, I feel compelled to point out a
> violation within your Data Center [5].
---
Yes I thought I was the only one that took a owls eye view to the pics,
but guess I was not.

John

Old 03-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

On 05/03/2010 17:07, Garry.Dale wrote:
> How about more interviews with the CentOS Development Team, perhaps
> Karanbir Singh next? We've seen some interesting interviews with
> members Ralph Angenendt [1], Russ Herrold [2], Tru Huynh [3], and Tim
> Verhoeven [4], and I'm interested in seeing some more.

Karan the community is calling :P

> I like this idea, too. However, I feel compelled to point out a
> violation within your Data Center [5].

Yes I know. The problem is my Data Centre is also my bedroom, kitchen,
living room, guest room, lounge, cigar room, dining room, server room,
office, you get the picture

Cheers Didi

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

On 05/03/2010 17:18, Ian Forde wrote:
> Nice! Might want to install Synergy on those boxes though and get rid
> of those extra keyboards!

The problem is, not all computers are all on all the time. I have
synergy but I still need the keyboards so that when the main computer is
off I can still control the rest. Maybe this would be a nice little
programming project. I always wanted to add security to synergy too.

Cheers Didi

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 03-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

Hey

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Garry.Dale <garry.dale@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Didi: *I like the plan. *Are there any feature ideas on the table
> for which you need reporters? *I'm ready to volunteer for an
> assignment, if needed.

Basically we need reports on CentOS. What do you want to write about?
You can choose. We can do something together if you want. Just suggest
a topic

> How about more interviews with the CentOS Development Team, perhaps
> Karanbir Singh next? *We've seen some interesting interviews with
> members Ralph Angenendt [1], Russ Herrold [2], Tru Huynh [3], and Tim
> Verhoeven [4], and I'm interested in seeing some more.

I am on it.

Cheers Didi

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger