Old 03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Bazy

Default removing a md/software raid device

Hello folks,

I successfully stopped the software RAID. How can I delete the ones
found on scan? I also see them in dmesg.

[root@extragreen ~]# mdadm --stop --scan ; echo $?
0

[root@extragreen ~]# mdadm --examine --scan
ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid5 num-devices=4
UUID=89af91cb:802eef21:b2220242:b05806b5
ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid6 num-devices=4
UUID=3ecf5270:339a89cf:aeb092ab:4c95c5c3

[root@extragreen ~]# mdadm --detail /dev/md0
mdadm: md device /dev/md0 does not appear to be active.

[root@extragreen ~]# mdadm --detail /dev/md1
mdadm: cannot open /dev/md1: No such file or directory

Thanks,
Bazy

Old 03-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Les Mikesell

Bazy wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I successfully stopped the software RAID. How can I delete the ones
> found on scan? I also see them in dmesg.

Change the partition type to something else so they won't be automatically scanned.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com