Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

Default New Posters

Hey

I am currently in the process of getting new posters printed. Now we
need to agree on a design. I am looking at [1] if people want to design
something please upload and then we can decide.

Cheers Didi

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Style/Promo/Posters

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 03-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:07:15 +0000:

> [1] http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Style/Promo/Posters

Do you mean that as a template with the "community" text as an example?
(and the ability to use much bigger text there?)

I think landscape format is not as wide-spread used for posters as
portrait.

Apart from that it looks fine to me.

Kai

Old 03-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

On 03/03/2010 16:31, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:07:15 +0000:
>
>> [1] http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Style/Promo/Posters
>
> Do you mean that as a template with the "community" text as an example?
> (and the ability to use much bigger text there?)

I would want one with some information. Like what CentOS is and what we
offer and one with an eye catcher like the community one. But my
knowledge about graphics stops at basic gimp

> I think landscape format is not as wide-spread used for posters as
> portrait.

That's why I think that one should be the eye catcher and then have a
"normal" one for information.

Cheers Didi

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 03-04-2010, 02:03 PM
"Garry.Dale"

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann <didi@ribalba.de> wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 16:31, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>> Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:07:15 +0000:
>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Style/Promo/Posters
>>
>> Do you mean that as a template with the "community" text as an example?
>> (and the ability to use much bigger text there?)
>
> I would want one with some information. Like what CentOS is and what we
> offer and one with an eye catcher like the community one. But my
> knowledge about graphics stops at basic gimp
>
>> I think landscape format is not as wide-spread used for posters as
>> portrait.
>
> That's why I think that one should be the eye catcher and then have a
> "normal" one for information.

Hi, Didi. Are the posters best used as "flyers" for marketing, or as
"souvenirs" for fans? Or both?

gd

Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Marcus Moeller

Hi.

I have reworked the page for poster mockups and just added one:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Poster

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 03-04-2010, 04:31 PM