Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
hadi motamedi

Default how to open a tcp port?

Dear All
On my*CentOS , I want to open tcp port 4965 but my server does not contain /etc/sysconfig/iptables . Can you please let me know how to open this port ?
Thank you

Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Samuel Contesse

Title: Re: [CentOS] how to open a tcp port?

Hi,

Assumed that iptables has been disabled during installation, /etc/sysconfig/iptables might not be present on your system. Can you print iptables running configuration out by using:

iptables ÔÇôL

Sam

Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Eero Volotinen

2010/3/3 Samuel Contesse <samuel.contesse@softcomponent.ch>:
> Hi,
>
> Assumed that iptables has been disabled during installation,
> /etc/sysconfig/iptables might not be present on your system. Can you print
> iptables running configuration out by using:
>
> iptables ÔÇôL
>
> Sam

if iptables is not enabled, then all ports are already open

--
Eero

Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 AM
hadi motamedi