Old 02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Benjamin Donnachie

Default emergency! linux kickstart pxe boot needed

On 28 February 2010 17:42, Ian Murray <murrayie@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> It's a hardware issue with the server drive. Having said that, the CentOS net install CD is pretty small, so server's drive might read it enough to get going...

Any virtual drive support in the ILO / similar?

Ben

Old 02-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Barry Brimer

> Is PXE kickstart easy to set up? I have a laptop here with DHCP
> already going. I google and a bunch of stuff comes up but it does
> not look simple.

system-config-netboot should be able to take care of almost everything for
you .. although you will need to add a statement like the following in the
subnet statement for your dhcp server:

allow booting; allow bootp; class "pxeclients" { match if substring(option
vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient"; next-server <ip address of
tftp server that you ran system-config-netboot on>;
filename "linux-install/pxelinux.0"; }

In case you have issues on the client side with pxe booting .. check out
some gPXE (formerly Etherboot) howtos at
http://www.etherboot.org/wiki/howtos which allow you to boot over http.

Hope this helps,
Barry

Old 02-28-2010, 07:11 PM