FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-27-2010, 11:49 PM
John Stan
 
Default Python Script Issue

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Sorry about that...
>>
>>http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/module-atexit.html
>>
>>Which I forgot to post but Benjamin already linked it to you, opps.
>
> Well after rereading it I see that the second note of recommended things not to do
> has been done Given I don't python, I dare not criticize Hopefully the cluster
> list has some suggestions, there are people running some variant of it, and it's a
> perfect solution for my need
>
> Digressing a bit, but what's python got over Perl, anything? I am not sure how much
> work is involved, but I might have a look at writing something fast in Perl, all I
> need to do is drop a port on a procurve to fence IO using snmp v3. SNMP::Util looks
> pretty basic?
>
> Given I don't need broad support, I can probably just hack something as I only use
> procurves.
>
---
Check this out this looks pretty easy at least to me:
src.rpm Module:
http://pysnmp.sourceforge.net/

Link on how to use the Module.
http://www.python.org/pyvault/SRPMS/repodata/repoview/python-snmp-0-3.4.3-1.html

John
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"
 
Default Python Script Issue

>How did you get the script onto your box? Python can be very picky
>with whitespace.

I just browsed the git repo at rh's site and used wget with a -O.

I tried with git now, and the file was identical.

I am looking into building that rpm, hanging up on "--record-rpm"

Thanks,
jlc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Benjamin Donnachie
 
Default Python Script Issue

On 28 Feb 2010, at 01:21, "Joseph L. Casale"
<jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:

> I just browsed the git repo at rh's site and used wget with a -O.

What's the URL? Determined to get it working now! :-)

Ben
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Agile Aspect
 
Default Python Script Issue

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Sorry about that...
>>
>>http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/module-atexit.html
>>
>>Which I forgot to post but Benjamin already linked it to you, opps.
>
> Well after rereading it I see that the second note of recommended things not to do
> has been done Given I don't python, I dare not criticize Hopefully the cluster
> list has some suggestions, there are people running some variant of it, and it's a
> perfect solution for my need
>
> Digressing a bit, but what's python got over Perl, anything? I am not sure how much
> work is involved, but I might have a look at writing something fast in Perl, all I
> need to do is drop a port on a procurve to fence IO using snmp v3. SNMP::Util looks
> pretty basic?
>
> Given I don't need broad support, I can probably just hack something as I only use
> procurves.
>

Why are you reading Python 2.5 documentation if you're running your
so-called "stock 2.4"?

Please post both output of the

python --version
uname -a

and post the Python error message.

If you want help with the code, post code - or put it sock in it.

It's off topic and unsolicited noise - which means you're wasting our bandwidth.

The module is a file

atexit.py

which lives on my machine in it's "stock" location

/usr/lib/python2.4

If you have a 64 bit machine, then it's /usr/lib64/python2.4.

EIther you have the atexit.py file or you don't.

If you don't have it, then go get it by downloading the source code
Python 2.4 from the http://www.python.org.

And please, either put up or shut up.

--
Enjoy global warming while it lasts.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2010, 01:04 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"
 
Default Python Script Issue

>What's the URL? Determined to get it working now! :-)

Ben,
Its http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fence.git and down in there is a
fence_ifmib.py.

Thanks!
jlc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2010, 01:07 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"
 
Default Python Script Issue

>Its http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fence.git and down in there is a
>fence_ifmib.py.

Sorry hit send to fast. You'll also need the files that the cluster group
sticks in /usr/lib/fence such as fencing.py|pyc|pyo and fencing_snmp.py|pyc|pyo


Thanks
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2010, 01:08 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"
 
Default Python Script Issue

>If you want help with the code, post code - or put it sock in it.
>
>It's off topic and unsolicited noise - which means you're wasting our bandwidth.

Off topic for cluster suite, a base included package? Sorry for imposing on
your list
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2010, 05:54 AM
John R Pierce
 
Default Python Script Issue

Agile Aspect wrote:
> EIther you have the atexit.py file or you don't.
>
> If you don't have it, then go get it by downloading the source code
> Python 2.4 from the http://www.python.org.
>

atexit.py should be part of the base python RPM in EL5

# rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.4/atexit.py
python-2.4.3-27.el5


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Benjamin Donnachie
 
Default Python Script Issue

On 28 February 2010 06:54, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> atexit.py should be part of the base python RPM in EL5
>
> * *# rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.4/atexit.py
> * *python-2.4.3-27.el5

Did this get solved in the end?

Ben
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"
 
Default Python Script Issue

>Did this get solved in the end?
>
>Ben

Nope
I started writing a Perl script to accomplish what I need yesterday.
Given I have zero experience with python, it was the easier solution
although I would have loved to stick with a provided solution in the
event I end up overlooking something.

Thanks for the effort none the less,
jlc
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org