-   -   Enabling msg_get_queue()? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/332125-enabling-msg_get_queue.html)

Benjamin Smith 02-25-2010 09:58 PM

Enabling msg_get_queue()?

Noticing that the PHP4 binaries with CentOS4 are compiled with the option:
--enable-sysvshm

but not with the

--enable-sysvmsg

option. They are very closely related, and we'd like to use the
msg_get_queue() function for an application cluster. Is there any reason why
this is so? Is it too much to ask to have this added?

Thanks in advance!

-Ben

believed to be clean.

Benjamin Smith 02-25-2010 11:22 PM

Enabling msg_get_queue()?

PS: This is largely a non-issue. We've found that we can compile this in as a
module without have to recompile the PHP binary. Not a perfect solution, but
it works well enough.

-Ben

On Thursday 25 February 2010 02:58:28 pm Benjamin Smith wrote:
> Noticing that the PHP4 binaries with CentOS4 are compiled with the option:
> --enable-sysvshm
>
> but not with the
>
> --enable-sysvmsg
>
> option. They are very closely related, and we'd like to use the
> msg_get_queue() function for an application cluster. Is there any reason
> why this is so? Is it too much to ask to have this added?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Ben

believed to be clean.